Ten reasons why “Battlelog” is crap that gamers do not want
Lately there is a Blogpost and Video around which try´s to tell us on a ridiculous way how importend the “Battlelog” is for us Battlefield gamers:
Although I wrote already about this complete joke called “Battlelog” in one of my latest Blogpost, I thought I anyway need to write down ten reasons why “Battlelog” is irrelevant and ridiculous.
EA and Dice… Ten reasons why people hate your so called “Battlelog” (Yes some people call it already Facebattle or Battlebook):
1. It is wishfulness that people want your social/facebook vibes. They just want to play and not socialize! Most of them have already friends and a clan.
2. There is no reason to develop a game that starts through a web browser and website when people didn´t complain about exe-files, shortcuts and an ingame menu. In fact they rather like to manage things ingame (things like serverbrowser and so on)! Hey Battlelog is fine for people who like it but please make it not mandatory!
3. Anti-piracy, hack security and so on is no benefit compared to the profit you´ll lose by customer who cancel pre-order or wont buy the game. Apart from this it is not clear if your system is safe. Oh and we saw already the first cheaters. How can that be when “Battlelog” is suppost to keep them out?
4. People hate it to install additionaly extensions and plugins to the browser just to be able to play your game.
5. Problem solving and compatibility will be much more complexe and harder to ensure and questions like “Which browser do you use?”, “What version?”, “Do you have other plugins installed and have you tried disabling those plug-ins? (except ours, of course)?”, “Are scripts enabled and is Java and Active X up to date?”, will come up. Do you really think people will set up there browser so that it is compatible with your game and chuck out ther own customisation?
6. Most people I talked to have said “Battlelog” is just hideous, cluttered, broken, unexpedient and has no usability!
7. Welcome to social gaming! Even people who just wanna play single player have to stay online! What is if internet is down? Welcome to the future of gaming. You maybe paid the game but that doesn´t mean its yours. They decide when you can start the game!
8. Its so… You have to join a match so that you can set up controls, graphics and every other options. But be aware your character has to be alive! Just because there is no menu. Also you need to constantly closing and opening the game when looking for new game servers! Hey but you can socialize when opening your internet browser! Innovation? No, its a step backward.
9. Its better to start one application (standalone / the game) instead of three applications (the game, Origin and Webbrowser with Battlelog).
10. “Battlelog” is implemented to capture valuable marketing data on each player’s activities and maybe to directly supply you with advertising in the future.
You wanna read more reasons? Go for it.. Why we gamers dislike Battlelog
Also read my latest Article about Battlefield 3 Beta