Another new Idea I had… Creating differend Room Divider for Second Life
Playing with MoGraph MoSpline in Cinema 4d and creating differend mathematical spline clones and arrangements led me to new ideas of forms, shapes and so. Its funny which features of a tool can inspire me.
After a while I had a formula which copys my object (the black crossbars) to 180 degrees like a half circle and first I associated it with those japanese fans if I would add a half and thin cylindric for the fabrics.
I did but I am not sure how it happened.. I soon had a really differend inspiration. I just added a thin and long cube under the object and then I though it could be a pretty cool room divider. And so was my mission born.
I still can create a japanese fan with those techniques some day but now I really want to create differend room divider from this idea first.
I finished a beta object and exported it as collada file. I also created my own physical mesh which is just a single cube as this should be enough for a room divider.
I logged in to the beta grid to check things out and make some test uploads. The end-product has a land impact of 4. I think this is really ok and made me somewhat happy.
The overall product will be black with some little shinyness but only the fabrics them self will have textures and I believe I will create differend styled room dividers out of it. So technically I am already happy about the result. I just have some trouble baking the fabrics at the moment. I need to find a bug. The baked fabric texture looks ok to me but when I apply it inworld it is black. I dont know but I will find the problem I guess. When its finished I will upload it to my SL Marketplace Store.
EDIT: I fixed the problem with the baked fabrics texture so that the product is ready for wrap up soon. Here is a screenshot inworld in Second Life: