I thought I would make a little directional change with my blog here. I am still pretty much interested in Second Life but I noticed that I can´t be into this subject for twelve months a year, if you know what I mean. This means that the blog here is somewhat dead in case I am not active in Second Life for a while. But there are so many other subjects I would like to write about. Mostly technology subjects but also some other stories from life.
I am not sure if I will be a super active blogger or so but I mean just in case I would like to write down some things. It might happen that it is not only Second Life related. but if I am active in Second Life, then you might also find Second Life related stories here. I just wanted to say this.
Originally posted on Mistletoe Ethaniel's Blog:
- Don’t listen to your residents. Shuffle their requests along through “normal channels” until they either just sigh and deal with it, or pack and move somewhere else leaving you wondering why.
- Bait, and Switch. Sure, it was ocean-front when we showed it to you. But back then, you were a prospect. Now you’re a customer. And we’re filling in that ocean.
- Show special preference to people for no apparent reason. That guy gets free tier? Why? Because SCREW YOU that’s why.
- Don’t reward the enthusiastic and helpful. In fact, tell them off before they threaten your power structure. Or else just let them do all the work and take them for granted. A “thank you” is just so empty and meaningless and such a bother.
- Just don’t do anything. Events, get-togethers… they’re just so costly and such a hassle. Surely someone else can plan them. And will. Eventually.
- If you…
View original 116 more words
I did not login often to Second Life last months. It was a busy time in real life and I anyway didn´t feel much inspiration. I use Second Life most of the time to create things. But if there is no inspiration, then I see in fact no reason to login to Second Life. For me it is really just all about creating content. Only listening music in Second Life is still one of my interests apart from content creation. But music is not something which could make me login everyday or regularly.
But last days I logged in several times due to customer support. After the customer support I stayed logged in for some time and thought it is still fun. Well, who said anything else? Second Life is always fun if you find time in real life.
I think I could imagine to login more often again. I thought about renting land again. With land I always had ideas to create things,… it is already fun to create the own home, store or what ever. This would mean less boredom. So actually I am looking for land. I bet I will again rent on Lionheart SL since I get a lot of bonus there due to my long time membership. But if I get a better offer, then I will check it out.
I already plan to create some new cool things. Also I thought I should give an in world store a new try. But this is something I am not sure about yet. But if you ask me, I miss the time when I logged it most of the day to manage my stuff in Second Life. While it is more handy today to create and manage things in Second Life, I really miss the time when everything had to be managed in world.
But let´s see. It might be that you hear more of me again in the future if I find some tasks for me, to have a reason to login more often. I think I will start soon to find some land for me. Well, if real life gives me the time. But this week is already pretty stress-free.
Created a little but open Corner Store (20×20 meters) in Second Life, I decided that this architecture needs some green to give it some style. I started to create a plant tub I wanted in each corner of the store. While making these I though that is fun and started to create several and differend plant tubs in my little sandbox in the sky.
Thought the following screenshot is funny. The story above did end there that I became surrounded by green in my sandbox but well.. I wont stop creating more of them.. :)
So if you are Second Life blogger with or without Business, I found a Blog which might be interesting for you. The Blog is called Blogging Second Life and it´s a Project of Cajsa Lilliehook, Evelyn Hartshon and a few other Volunteers. Basicly explained they build a comprehensive Directory for Second Life blogger and stores/creators. They wrote it consists of three sections.
1. Blogs – a directory of travel, commentary, magazine, fashion, roleplay and other blogs about Second Life.
2. The Stores and Creators Lists – a directory of SL businesses with links to creator profiles (for slurls), store blogs and marketplace storefronts
3. Connections Databases. Bloggers who accept review copies are encouraged to add their information to the searchable database for creators to use to find new bloggers for their items. Musicians and DJs are also encouraged to add their info to an Entertainment database for event planners and club owners to use when looking for new dj’s and musicians.
You can register your Second Life related Blog and Second Life related Business adresses like your Marketplace Link or SURL there. I found the idea of this kind of Directory pretty great and registered there too. You just need to fill out the form but it´s pretty great explained on their Directory Blog.
If you like the idea.. dont forget to inform your blogger friends.
220 different Marketplace Storefronts and over 500 different Second Life Blogs are already registered there. So hurry up and just register there. :)
Since Direct Delivery is arrived in Second Life, I noticed that the SL Marketplace was very very slow. Other People did notice the same. I had the feeling that SL Marketplace was always somewhat slow but Direct Delivery did make it unusable for many People.
Today in the morning I logged in and now it everything seems to be very fast. Looks like the Rush of People who wanted to log in for the DD changes is away now or Linden Labs did change anything. What ever it is.. I just hope it stays like now. It´s pretty fast to load the Page now.
Second Life Marketplace Direct Delivery has arrived and I finished to change all my Products to the new System.
If you are Second Life Merchand and still didn´t know about Direct Delivery or that Direct Delivery has arrived, you should take a look here to get started: