Lately some of my customers wrote me that they cant save the Confignotecard of Heart Tipjar in Second Life. But when the first Customer explained me the problem, I was not able to reproduce the error at least whith main Avatar which did create this Tipjar. But this is because this Avatar has full permission on this Item anyway.
I thought it would be better to check it out with my Alt. And see there… I wasn´t able to save the Notecard too then.
I got the “The server is experiencing unexpected difficulties” errormessage when saving a notecard inside the prim.
At the same time I asked google for the Problem and found out there is already a open Jira Ticket:
So if you anytime notice the same Problem with one of your Products or if you get customer request that they cant save your confignotecard then there is one workaround for you which will fix the Problem for your customers. Indee you should update your Marketplace listing then as well.
You need to change at least the Confignotecard to FullPermission which shouldn´t be a problem for you. I cant tell you why the Notecard has to be FullPerm. I just can tell you it will fix the problem and other People commented the same on the Jira. It is anyway nevermind if the Confignotecard is Full Permission. I usualy did create them Copy and Mod only but now they are Fullperm.
So dont expect that LL will fix the issue. Looks like the Jira is open already for years.
However I did fix my Product and had a lot of work telling all my Customers of this Product to delete the old Tipjar so that they can use the new one. I think most of them were very happy that I did send a new Version. And I was also happy that one of my Customers did tell me about the Problem. Its fun to see that not anybody will report Problems. This makes me thinking if they ever did unpack the Product.. if they ever did login to SL again or what is wrong? This was sadly a Problem I could not see with my main. For the future I should test scripted objects from time to time with my alt. For new Products I do it anyway but looks like this Problem did appear since some month. I am sure I did not see this Problem with my alt when I created the Tipjar.
However. Everything ok now.
Important note for Content Creators and SL Marketplace Merchants about Maturity Level and the Word “PE” in your Description!
If you use the Word “PE” in the field of description or in the field of keywords on your Listing then it might happen that your Item will be flagged as “adult” Maturity Level. It happened to my latest Product Stage Lightning Truss Creator Kit on the Marketplace and I really was confufed as this Item is defenetly not an adult Product. So I had a hard time to find out whats wrong which took an half our. Later I just changed the Words “PE” to “Prims” and the Item is now flagged “General” as intended.
As PE is the Shortcut for the Objects Server Weight, Streaming weight and Physics weight I really dont understand why the Item will be flagged as “adult” if the description and keywords section contains the Word “PE”.
However for those who used the Word in the Description I though I better send out this Info so that you can proof if all your Items are flagged well. I mean imagine that… if the Product contains differend Parts which all have a differend PE, then some of us may want to write the differend values down in the Description. But looks like this is not possible, so that you know.
EDIT: I just found out that PE (Prim Equivalent) is today called LI (Land Impact) anyway. So I should try the Word LI instead of PE. Right.. tested it now. “LI” is ok as a Word.
Lately there is a Blogpost and Video around which try´s to tell us on a ridiculous way how importend the “Battlelog” is for us Battlefield gamers:
Although I wrote already about this complete joke called “Battlelog” in one of my latest Blogpost, I thought I anyway need to write down ten reasons why “Battlelog” is irrelevant and ridiculous.
EA and Dice… Ten reasons why people hate your so called “Battlelog” (Yes some people call it already Facebattle or Battlebook):
1. It is wishfulness that people want your social/facebook vibes. They just want to play and not socialize! Most of them have already friends and a clan.
2. There is no reason to develop a game that starts through a web browser and website when people didn´t complain about exe-files, shortcuts and an ingame menu. In fact they rather like to manage things ingame (things like serverbrowser and so on)! Hey Battlelog is fine for people who like it but please make it not mandatory!
3. Anti-piracy, hack security and so on is no benefit compared to the profit you´ll lose by customer who cancel pre-order or wont buy the game. Apart from this it is not clear if your system is safe. Oh and we saw already the first cheaters. How can that be when “Battlelog” is suppost to keep them out?
4. People hate it to install additionaly extensions and plugins to the browser just to be able to play your game.
5. Problem solving and compatibility will be much more complexe and harder to ensure and questions like “Which browser do you use?”, “What version?”, “Do you have other plugins installed and have you tried disabling those plug-ins? (except ours, of course)?”, “Are scripts enabled and is Java and Active X up to date?”, will come up. Do you really think people will set up there browser so that it is compatible with your game and chuck out ther own customisation?
6. Most people I talked to have said “Battlelog” is just hideous, cluttered, broken, unexpedient and has no usability!
7. Welcome to social gaming! Even people who just wanna play single player have to stay online! What is if internet is down? Welcome to the future of gaming. You maybe paid the game but that doesn´t mean its yours. They decide when you can start the game!
8. Its so… You have to join a match so that you can set up controls, graphics and every other options. But be aware your character has to be alive! Just because there is no menu. Also you need to constantly closing and opening the game when looking for new game servers! Hey but you can socialize when opening your internet browser! Innovation? No, its a step backward.
9. Its better to start one application (standalone / the game) instead of three applications (the game, Origin and Webbrowser with Battlelog).
10. “Battlelog” is implemented to capture valuable marketing data on each player’s activities and maybe to directly supply you with advertising in the future.
You wanna read more reasons? Go for it.. Why we gamers dislike Battlelog
Also read my latest Article about Battlefield 3 Beta
If you still dont know much about the Redzone Case, I suggest to look at MickeyETC´s blog because she did collect a bunch of important reference links about that Redzone topic.
For all peoples who want to know how the Listing Enhancement works for other peoples, here is an example of 3 differend Listing Enhancement on SL Marketplace with 3 differend Club Products in February (30 days Listing).:
Tip Jar: Demo: Feature this item on the L$0 cart checkout ads page (L$899 every 30 days)
Impressions last day/week/month: 211 / 2579 / 11179
Click Throughs last day/week/month: 0 / 0 / 15
Tip Jar Fullversion: Feature this item on the checkout receipt page (L$2,399 every 30 days)
Impressions last day/week/month: 702 / 8308 / 34689
Click Throughs last day/week/month: 0 / 0 / 11
DJ Booth: Feature this item on the home page (L$2,899 every 30 days)
Impressions last day/week/month: 206 / 2374 / 6702
Click Throughs last day/week/month: 2 / 8 / 29
As you can see I´ve got an overall click Through of 55 for three Products listed a whole Month and paid for it 6197 L$. I did not sell much more then without these Listing Enhancements. So if you ask me… Dont waste your money for it. At least if you selling Club Gear like me. I do not really know how these Enhancements work if you sell clothes.. I guess it is better then because of a bigger target group. SO I discourage you to use these Enhancement unless you sell mainstream stuff like clothes.
Linden Lab announced in a new Blogpost “Next steps for Mesh Import” that Mesh Import is soon in the Open Beta. As I own a 3d application called Macon Cinema 4d wich supports Collada Files, I first would say “Woow great news! Mesh Import is not far away”. But on the other side I think this all this is pretty alarming. But why do I think so?
I could imagine if Mesh Import is going live that lots of peoples will grap some Files from TurboSquid or any other Website where you can buy or get free objects. This could mean that many mesh creators who did offer there stuff on any other website could get ripped off. And I think that it is safe to say that Linden Lab will get lot of more work because a real big bunch of DMCA troubles.
So from this angel its a bad news. Sure for mesh designers its a great news. But the “grab some mesh and import it” will bring much trouble this is safe to say. Its a great news for fair designers who did create the mesh them self.. but criminal peoples will exploit “Mesh Import”.. they just need to attend any mesh and upload it to Second Life.
Im sure the Future will bring much more trouble. And if you ask me.. why is Linden Lab working on these improvements? Shouldn´t they rather improve the Grid first and all the Grid Performance Problems? Im not a technical and dont know much about the technic behind the Grid but anyhow I guess that Mesh Import will bring more lag then we have already.
So.. yea.. I´m pretty unsure about this news. Yea.. I think it is fine but also alarming.
A few Minutes ago I did recive a Groupmessage from my Estate Owner. He said there is a Griefer Group roaming around and they terraforming parcels and regions to extreme heights and depths in a lot of places on the grid! This will cause items to be sent off-world and prims to be returned to the owners Lost and Found Folder.
So be sure that “Edit Terrain” for all users is unticked/unchecked on your Parcel Settings!
If you dont know about this Opion, you can find it here on the SL Wiki:
Thanks goes to Lionheart for reporting this.