Yes I could flip out now! Its just one week ago when I did adjust every Item on the New SL Marketplace. Today I noticed that the Item description changed to the old description from Xstreet. This means I can do all the work again and adjust every single Item on the new marketplace again. Yea I flip out right now and I get angry about Linden Lab. I think I wont change anything again now until Xstreet died. Its just annoying.. things are still messed up and I am sure this could happen again and again until Xstreet died. Linden Lab´s data transmissions are a joke too. Cant the system notice that your items has been transfered to the new marketplace already? Is this to difficult to realize Linden Lab? What a bunch of incompetent coder they are. I cant believe it. Sorry for my pissed blogpost but I did need to write this trouble out of my head. And now I feel better. Ok let me be relaxed now :D
I did add a Listing Enhancement for one of my Products on the Second Life Marketplace. I did add a “Landing Page Enhancement” to my DJ Booth for Clubs because this was one of my Topsellers on the good old Xstreet. So I thought this Object would sell on the new SL Marketplace every bit as it sold on Xstreet if I activate the Enhancement. I payed L$999 for 30 days and here are my Results after two Weeks activated Enhancement:
last day/week/month – 124 / 3388 / 4793
last day/week/month – 0 / 2 / 3
Thats pretty bad compared to the Click Throughs and Sales I had on Xstreet. I should rather say that the SL Marketplace Performance on this Product is crappy compared to the same Product on Xstreet.
What does that mean? Do peoples still use Xstreet more likely? Thats at least my impression because there is nothing to say about my Product. As I said… on Xstreet it was my Bestseller with activated Enhancements.
I wont activate any new Enhancement on SL Marketplace until Xstreet is closed as it seems to be that peoples stil shopping more likely on Xstreet. And I guess I´m not wrong here.
Let me see how it will be until Xstreet is closed. For now I can say that these Enhancements on the new Marketplace arent profitable for my Products. But they was in the past on Xstreet.
I hope the Time will heal.
I noticed that my SL Marketplace Store sales are still very bad compared to my Xstreet SL Store sales. Even if I am still not happy enought with the fact that we soon have to use the new Marketplace it will be better anyway for us. At the moment we merchants have our customers splitted on two platforms. When Xstreet will close all peoples go over to the new Marketplace and then we dont have to monitor both platforms anymore. Lets hope that these changes dont affect our sales negative. At the moment I dont notice much sales on the new one but because Xstreet is still available, that could be the reasons as many peoples maybe still buy there and not on the new Marketplace.
Here is a quick overview of what to expect in the next few months while we move toward retiring XStreetSL and launching SL Marketplace. Dates are supplied where available.
- XStreetSL Feature Enhancements suspended – Tomorrow, September 1st, will be the last day to purchase either homepage or category feature enhancements on XStreetSL Please check out the offerings on the SL Marketplace site, As there are even more options for feature enhancement. Feature enhancements on XstreetSL will not be migrated to the new marketplace.
- XStreetSL banner ad sales retired – Soon, you will no longer be able to purchase banner ad subscriptions on XStreetSL.
- In October: XStreetSL Linden dollar exchange trading suspended. – All market trades that are not filled will be closed and the funds returned.
- XStreetSL new listing creation closed – As of 9/5/2010, XstreetSL will no longer allow for new listings to be created, and the Commerce Team will focus on migrating all remaining content to the new marketplace.
- XStreetSL will have links added for customer to choose if they want to buy the item on the new marketplace.
- XStreetSL Items will no longer be available for purchases on October 6th 2010. – If there are links to Xstreet SL detail pages on blogs or articles those links will automatically refresh to the linked product on the new marketplace.
- XStreetSL sales history, account history will no longer be available after December 1st 2010.
- XStreetSL RSS feeds will be replaced by Marketplace feeds
- XStreetSL links in SecondLife.com changed to Marketplace – The links in the Second Life web site will be updated so they point to the SL Marketplace.
- SL Marketplace is out of beta!
Read the full announcement here: Second Life Marketplace is coming soon – Transition Plans
Today I did build a new Product for Second Life. This is a romantic Pavilion which can be placed in a Garden or on a Wedding. Maybe it could be a good spot to meet and talk with friends. Or just for any other Event. I uploaded it already to the Second Life Marketplace:
Hope you like it. Greetings :)
If you are merchant you know it was easy to get the value of xstreet sales you had in a exact time range.. How I said.. when you did use xstreet.
Under “My Marketplace” we just had to click “Today´s Sales” and then we´ve got a Sales History where we could find everything we want to know. Monthly earnings… weekly earnings.. maybe a whole year? Indeed all was possible so no more math needed. Just copy and paste the values to our Calculation Software (OpenOffice or Excel) and thats what was ok. Pretty simple but enough to monitor the income we have.
Now for sure I asked my self how it will be with the new Marketplace instead of Xstreet. Checked out the new Second Life Marketplace Beta to see if I can find anything. Under “Merchant home” I found a Link called “Reports” and “Product Sales” on the left side. Clicked it and was shocked how simple this report is. Didnt see much more then a list which tells me how much visits and sales differend of my objects had. Ok so far.. but.. I did see more numbers on the buttom which I could use to browse all my objects… yea to get all the info about my other product visits and sales. And here is my problem. Should I now browse all pages and then do the math by my own to get the amount I´ve sold? And how about time range? I couldnt see the complete addition of all sales.. I also couldnt find anything which let me define a time range. This cant be true and I hope it is because it is still in a beta.
This is not complexy and there must be more.. I hope there will be more. Im not happy with a simple list of my product sales. I need to define the time of sales.. I need to have the possibility to setup more then this. And I defenetly wont browse 10 Pages of over 100 Items and do the math by my own.
This cant be all. And please lets all hope we get more then this after the beta.