Second Life Marketplace – Transition Plans Announced
Here is a quick overview of what to expect in the next few months while we move toward retiring XStreetSL and launching SL Marketplace. Dates are supplied where available.
- XStreetSL Feature Enhancements suspended – Tomorrow, September 1st, will be the last day to purchase either homepage or category feature enhancements on XStreetSL Please check out the offerings on the SL Marketplace site, As there are even more options for feature enhancement. Feature enhancements on XstreetSL will not be migrated to the new marketplace.
- XStreetSL banner ad sales retired – Soon, you will no longer be able to purchase banner ad subscriptions on XStreetSL.
- In October: XStreetSL Linden dollar exchange trading suspended. – All market trades that are not filled will be closed and the funds returned.
- XStreetSL new listing creation closed – As of 9/5/2010, XstreetSL will no longer allow for new listings to be created, and the Commerce Team will focus on migrating all remaining content to the new marketplace.
- XStreetSL will have links added for customer to choose if they want to buy the item on the new marketplace.
- XStreetSL Items will no longer be available for purchases on October 6th 2010. – If there are links to Xstreet SL detail pages on blogs or articles those links will automatically refresh to the linked product on the new marketplace.
- XStreetSL sales history, account history will no longer be available after December 1st 2010.
- XStreetSL RSS feeds will be replaced by Marketplace feeds
- XStreetSL links in SecondLife.com changed to Marketplace – The links in the Second Life web site will be updated so they point to the SL Marketplace.
- SL Marketplace is out of beta!
Read the full announcement here: Second Life Marketplace is coming soon – Transition Plans