Second Life Apez.Vend is closing the doors.
Today I´ve got a notecard from Apez which tells me following:
As you may be aware, Apez.Vend is closing its doors soon, due to the liquidation of Apez. In order to keep your sales flowing, you will need to move to another vendor system. You can read more about this announcement here: http://www.apez.biz/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3083
To make this process easier for you, CasperTech have negotiated a deal with Apez to provide a fast, easy migration for your products, profit sharing, collections, customer and sales data to CasperVend.
(This message is being delivered by CasperTech with the cooperation of Apez, and is being delivered to you as an Apez.Vend customer. This is the only message you will receive from CasperTech about the vendor network, unless you opt to go proceed with the migration.)
HOW DO I GET THE MIGRATION KIT?
The migration kit is available on SL Marketplace at:
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO DO?
Once the migration has completed, you need to move your items into a CasperVend Drop Box. This is available in the “free” box distributed with the migration kit (Don’t worry if you don’t want to use the free vendors, the dropboxes are the same).
You will also need to rez new vendors, and assign the profiles (which are collections ported from apez) to your vendors. To do that, rez a vendor, and click the “CasperVend” logo in the bottom left hand corner. (Choose a password or enter it if it asks you to). Then you’ll be at the vendor configuration page. If you look near the top of the page, you will see a “Profile” entry. Simply change that profile to the collection you want to use. If you want more than one collection showing in your vendor, you can then click “edit profile” and add other groups to it.
WHAT IS CASPERVEND?
CasperVend is a very fast, efficient networked vendor system for Second Life and other grids. It will provide many features that you haven’t been able to enjoy with Apez (such as sub-collections and detailed stats analysis), but also lacks some features of the Apez system (such as public franchises).
WILL I NEED TO BUY THE NEW SYSTEM?
No, the migration kit comes with a copy of our “free” bundle. This bundle will collect 5% of each sale as commission for CasperVend. If you would prefer, you can upgrade to one of the paid bundles which do not incur a commission fee.
WHAT WILL BE MIGRATED?
The following data will be moved automatically and instantly:
– Item information
– Texture information
– Product information
– Profit shares
– Item permissions
The following data will be moved automatically but not instantly, queued, likely available within 24 hours:
– Sales history
The following data will then be automatically generated from the sales data:
– Customer data
WHAT’S DIFFERENT WITH CASPERVEND?
You’ll notice several differences with our system.
1. CasperVend does NOT use a “man-in-the-middle” account for financial transactions. All vendor payments go directly to the creator.
2. Every CasperVend box and vendor uses just one script, to significantly reduce the lag impact on your sim.
3. CasperVend vendors scroll item-by-item instead of by pages. You can skip forwards by clicking on the preview panels.
4. “Collections” are called “Profiles” and “Groups” in CasperVend. Profiles contain products AND groups. Groups are like sub-profiles and contain only products. You can only assign ONE profile to a vendor, but you can assign multiple groups or products to profiles.
5. CasperVend is a lot more restrictive on affiliate vending and franchise vending. If you want other people to be able to sell your items, you will need to use our AffiliateVend plugin (available in the complete package or as an extra purchase) and give the affiliate vendors out.
6. Updates to vendors are fully automated and easy using our UpgradeBee.
7. Support is easy to obtain.
WHAT IF I NEED HELP?
There are several things you can do:
1. Join the “CasperVend User Support Group”, and send a message in there. I’d prefer this rather than IMing me directly, since this will allow others to see the solutions.
2. Join our forums at http://forums.caspertech.sl — you can use your CasperVend username and password to login.
3. Check out the CasperVend quick start guide on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baJCNBPBh0o&fmt=22
4. Contact myself – Casper Warden – and I will do anything I can to help.
I NEED X FEATURE, CAN YOU ADD IT PLEASE?
Most likely, YES! I am very proactive with adding requested features. The only thing I will NOT add – because I disagree with the business model – is man-in-the-middle transaction processing and public franchising.
If there’s a feature you’d like to see, please list it on the forums at http://forums.caspertech.sl/
So didnt we already know before? Apez support was so much horrible. I mean the whole system was not to bad in my opinion. I did like some features. But at least this is not enough. There was many problems. You maybe did see all the trouble in the forums over there. Or in the inworld groups. Peoples asked for money.. yea in some cases Apez did eat your Linden Dollars. Some day it did eat 9000 L$ from me.
So in my opinion it is good that this horrible story has now an end.
Now CasperVend have negotiated a deal with Apez to provide a fast, easy migration for your products, profit sharing, collections, customer and sales data. But why should we trust this new Label now? If you ask me.. no I wont trust the new Label. Im not even sure who is behind the new label. Maybe the same peoples? I dont know. Maybe you know more.
However. For me is the new label not interesting. Not even if its a total differend company.
That was a funny year full of Second Life Crysis. Didnt we have enought funny storys this year?😀