I know some of us use the xfire Tool beside the games we play as this is the easiest way to make screenshots, videos and upload it fast without trouble. In addition xfire lets us broadcast our online activity if we want to, on a very easy way. So for sure we want to use this Tool with Second Life as well. But the main problem is that xfire only supports the official Second Life Client. Lately a friend asked me howto add a third party viewer like the Phoenix Viewer to xfire (Indeed this is probably working with all other TPV´s). And I thought this is something which could interest other peoples as well. If you still dont know whats xfire for, just see what Torley wrote about this wonderful Tool here. Or take a look at the Official Xfire Website.
I will explain how to add the Phoenix Viewer to xfire. As I said it is probably working with all other Third Party Viewers. I tested it also withFirestorm Viewer. If you noticed it´s working with any other TPV you use, then feel free to add a comment here and name the Viewer and mention that it worked too.)
First I need to say it is much more simple then you can imagine:
1. First of all we go to our Phoenix Viewer directory. There we look for the file called “PhoenixViewer.exe” (in some releases it is just called phoenix.exe) and rename it to “SecondLife.exe”. (Indeed, if you use another Second Life Third Party Viewer, you must locate the right Viewer exe)
2. We open our xfire client and go to “Tools” on the top of the xfire working box and there we go to the options panel:
3. Here we open the “games” Tab:
4. Now if Second Life is not in the list on the right site, we just have to find Second Life in the “Not installed” List. If Second Life is already in the List of “installed Games” you just have to click on it.
5. Change Second Life from “Automatically Detect” to “Manual Detect” and set the “Detect Path” by click on “Browse” to your renamed “SecondLife.exe” in your Phoenix Viewer Folder.
6. The final step is to click on “Apply” to save this settings.
Now just make a new shortcut on your desktop to your SecondLife.exe in your Phoeniox Viewer directory, start the Phoenix Viewer and have fun using xfire with Second Life together. 🙂
This is the way how xfire will accept Phoenix Viewer as the Second Life client and after all this, xfire will detect the hours you played Second Life and you will be able to take Screenshots, Videos and upload them to the xfire Webspace. Or if you like to broadcast your activity online.. now you can do everything with your Phoenix Viewer what is offered by xfire! 🙂